QNAP TS-EC1679U-RP 14TB 14 x 1TB Seagate Enterprise Edition, Quad Core Intel Xeon E3-1225 Processor 3.1 GHz, 4GB DDR3 ECC, 10GbE ready, VMware, Citrix, Hyper-V ready, iSCSI, SATA 6Gb/s, USB 3.0. Includes 48hr Burn Testing ready to use out of the box.
The QNAP® TS-EC1679U-RP, which serves as both IP-SAN (iSCSI) and NAS, can be easily utilized in different business and enterprise applications such as backup center, disaster recovery, file sharing, virtualization, and video editing storage.
|Excellent Service + Award winning product + 48hrs testing + Ready to use out of the Box = eAegis
|Your NAS is ready to go - FREE CONFIGURATION SERVICE FROM eAegis.
It can't get much easier. At eAegis, we prepare your unit with drives installed, format to the appropriate RAID Level, burn test the system for 48hrs prior to shipping. When you get your system you simply plug in, install the setup utility, and you are ready to go. This is only applicable to orders placed for pre-installed drives. Not applicable to barebone system orders.
- Hardware Specs
- Software Specs
- Compatibility List
- Warranty/Support Info
Why buy a QNAP NAS from eAegis?
- Official QNAP Premier System Integrator Partner
- QNAP product specialist with Expertise in deployment
- Priority QNAP Technical Support Status for eAegis Customers
- 48hr Burn-in Program for pre-installed units (Storage Industry first, 2001)
- 12 Point QA inspection prior to shipment.
- Itemized and Serialized configuration sheet included with all pre-installed orders
- Ready to Use out of the box (pre-installed units only)
- Pre and Post Sales Help Desk for QNAP products
- FREE telephone advice on all QNAP Product range
- Competitive Pricing - never knowingly undersold
As the data value and volume of business data continue to rise, corporations need high-performance storage solutions which are secure, reliable, and easy to manage. The QNAP® TS-EC1679U-RP, which serves as both IP-SAN (iSCSI) and NAS, can be easily utilized in different business and enterprise applications such as backup center, disaster recovery, file sharing, virtualization, and video editing storage.
- NAS, iSCSI, IP-SAN storage solution
- VMware, Citrix and Hyper-V ready
- High performance, secure, reliable, and simple
- 10 GbE ready reaching over 1,000 MB/s and 100,000 IOPS
- Multi-core processor, DDR3, SATA 6Gb/s, and USB 3.0
Data might seem insecure being open in a network, but the QNAP® TS-EC1679U-RP offers a variety of security options such as encrypted access, IP filtering, policy-based automatic IP blocking, and more. In addition, full control of the NAS is offered down to the user and folder access rights to determine who can access the NAS and what can or cannot be accessed. The TS-EC1679U-RP is packed with security features to stop all unauthorized data access such as AES-256 volume-based encryption. The AES-256 volume-based encryption prevents sensitive data from unauthorized access and data-breach even if the hard drives or the device is stolen.
The TS-EC1679U-RP is reliable with built-in safety precautions to safeguard all data from any unforeseen problems. With multiple built-in features to guarantee no interruptions to the work flow of a business, the TS-EC1679U-RP is an efficient asset. The advanced RAID configurations and hot-swap capabilities are included to give RAID performance, protection and reduced rebuilding time. Moreover, the dual OS embedded on the DOM architecture ensures the system will boot up. If one of the two operating systems fails, the healthy operating system will boot up and operate normally while repairing the failed operating system. The dual Gigabit LAN ports can also be configured for failover which allows the NAS server to sustain the failure of one network port and still provide continuous services.
Setting up local or remote access with the TS-EC1679U-RP is painless and does not require any IT skills. All setup processes have been simplified so that most of the process is either automatic or can be completed by an installation wizard. The user-friendly web GUI allows administrators to easily manage the NAS so there is no need for an extensive knowledge of complex commands. Simple management tools such as instant SMS/Email alert, the hard drive S.M.A.R.T. (Self-Monitoring, Analysis and Reporting Technology) feature, and system resource monitor are provided to keep administrators up-to-date on their NAS at all times.
The TS-EC1679U-RP features Intel® Core™ i3 Processor, 4GB DDR3 memory, 10 Gigabit network capability, and 6Gb/s SATA. Even the most demanding requirements in data center or corporate networks can be satisfied by the TS-EC1679U-RP. With outstanding data transfer rate of over 1,000 MB/s data throughput and 100,000 IOPS 1, intensive business applications and concurrent tasks can be easily fulfilled.
NAS + iSCSI/IP-SAN Solution for Server Virtualization
With increasing virtualization of IT resources, the need for high performance storage is more essential than ever. The TS-EC1679U-RP offers class-leading system architecture matched with 10 GbE networking performance designed to meet the needs of demanding server virtualization, such as VMware®, Citrix®, and Windows® Hyper-V. 10 GbE network speeds greatly increase the agility of data transmission in a virtualized environment intensifying NFS and iSCSI connection performance.
High Network Bandwidth
The TS-EC1679U-RP offers network expansion options which include dual-port 1 GbE and dual-port 10 GbE network expansion cards, to aggregate and boost network performance. The TS-EC1679U-RP includes four Gigabit (GbE) LAN ports which can be expanded up to eight GbE LAN ports or four 10 GbE LAN ports plus six GbE ports.
ECC RAM for High Reliability
The ECC (Error Correction Codes) RAM of the Turbo NAS can detect and correct errors introduced during transmission or storage of data. It offers more protection in mission critical applications.
Blazing Fast Data Backup via USB 3.0
The TS-EC1679U-RP features USB 3.0 ports for high speed backup to external hard drives. EXT3, EXT4, NTFS, and HFS+ file systems are supported to ensure compatibility with Windows, Mac® OS X, and Linux operating systems.
Centralized Storage and File Sharing
- Cross-platform Sharing with Antivirus
The TS-EC1679U-RP supports SMB/CIFS, NFS, and AFP protocols for file sharing across Windows, Mac, Linux/UNIX networks. User accounts and shared folders can be created via the user-friendly web-based interface without IT expertise. The integrated antivirus solution for the Turbo NAS ensures business continuity by offering detection against the latest viruses, malware, worms, and Trojan horses.
- Windows Active Directory (AD) and LDAP Directory Service
The Windows AD and LDAP (Lightweight Directory Access Protocol) directory service features enable the system administrator to retrieve user accounts from Windows AD or Linux LDAP server to the TS-EC1679U-RP reducing time and effort in account setup. Users can use the same login name and password to access the TS-EC1679U-RP.
- Shared Folder Aggregation
Conveniently connect to the shared folders of other servers on Microsoft Networking through the "portal folder" on the TS-EC1679U-RP. This reduces the hassle of logging in to different servers one by one.
- ISO File Archiving and Sharing
The TS-EC1679U-RP supports mounting ISO images of CD and DVD discs for network sharing folders for data archiving, storage, and sharing. This feature saves space from storing the physical discs, reduces the risk of data loss caused by long term use of the discs, and enhances the performance of data sharing on a business network.
- Centralized Log Monitoring
A central repository of log data from various network devices allows efficient management and security auditing in a businesses. QNAP Syslog server allows the IT administrator to effectively collect and store logs of other network devices in the Turbo NAS.
Backup Center for Business
The TS-EC1679U-RP offers a complete backup solution for businesses with QNAP NetBak Replicator which supports real-time and scheduled data backup from Windows PCs, Apple® Time Machine backup from Mac OS, and third party backup software such as Acronis® True Image and Symantec® Backup Exec.
Disaster Recovery Solution
The TS-EC1679U-RP offers users peace of mind, business continuity, and high availability of data by providing the ability to recover their data from disasters.
- Real-time Remote Replication
Real-time Remote Replication (RTRR) provides real-time or scheduled data replication between the TS-EC1679U-RP and a remote QNAP NAS, an FTP server, or an external drive.
- iSCSI LUN Backup and Restore
The Turbo NAS has taken iSCSI LUN backup/restore to a whole new level with snapshot technology. The IT administrator can use the LUN snapshot to back up contents in the LUN to various storage destinations, including Windows shared folders via SMB/CIFS, Linux shared folders via NFS, or local shared folders on the Turbo NAS.
- Cloud Storage Backup
Get ready to send private data to the clouds! The TS-EC1679U-RP supports Amazon S3, ElephantDrive, and Symform cloud storage backup which have several backup modes including real-time, scheduled backup and versioning control so that the data can be restored from any point of time. The cloud storages can be monitored through a web browser. An extra set of all of the data stored will always be available, so remote data recovery is quick and simple.
iSCSI and Virtualization Deployment
The TS-EC1679U-RP is fully VMware and Citrix ready and Windows Hyper-V compliant.
- NAS + iSCSI Combo Solution
The TS-EC1679U-RP can serve as a NAS for file sharing and iSCSI storage concurrently.
- Flexible Management
The TS-EC1679U-RP supports multiple LUNs (Logical Unit Numbers) and iSCSI targets. LUNs can be flexibly mapped to, unmapped from, and switched among different iSCSI targets.
- Secure Deployment
Designed with CHAP authentication and LUN masking, the advanced ACL (Access Control List) offers the capability to block unauthorized access from the initiators.
- Designed for Virtualized and Clustered Environments
Compared with a high cost Fibre Channel SAN, the TS-EC1679U-RP is an affordable system that can be deployed as a storage center for virtualized and clustered server environments, such as VMware and Microsoft Windows Failover Cluster.
- SPC-3 Persistent Reservation Supported
The built-in iSCSI service supports enterprise-level features such as SPC-3 persistent reservation for clustering in VMware and Windows Server 2008 R2. The administrator can set up Microsoft Failover Cluster environment, use Cluster Shared Volume for Hyper-V, and execute virtual machine live migration between Hyper-V hosts.
- Advanced MPIO and MC/S Supported
With the support of MPIO (Multipath Input Output) and MC/S (Multiple Connections per Session) on the Turbo NAS, users can connect to the iSCSI targets on the TS-EC1279U-RP using two or more network interfaces from their server with failover and load balancing. Furthermore, with MC/S settings better data transmission performance is achieved.
Digital film and video production produces volumes of data that require high performance RAID storage with sustainable throughput to balance with the demanding output of video editing. The TS-EC1679U-RP fulfills storage and video editing needs with a high speed 10 GbE network interface. Digital videos can be quickly stored and edited on the TS-EC1679U-RP directly over the network.
The built-in iSCSI feature provides an affordable IP-SAN (Storage Area Network) alternative for business. Compared with Fibre Channel SAN, the total investment is significantly lowered.
FIPS 140-2 Certified AES 256-bit Volume-based Data Encryption
The disk volume with FIPS 140-2 certified AES 256-bit encryption can only be accessed by an authorized encryption password or key. This prevents the sensitive government or businesses data on the Turbo NAS from unauthorized access and breach even if the hard disk drives or the entire system were stolen.
*The data encryption functions may not be available in accordance to the legislative restrictions of some countries. Please contact QNAP sales representatives for further information.
Advanced Folder Permissions
Advanced folder permissions allow users to configure folder/subfolder access to the TS-EC1679U-RP. With this feature enabled, users can manage the folder permissions from Microsoft Windows or the web-based management interface of the TS-EC1679U-RP without complicated procedures.
- Private subfolder management within a public shared folder
- Ownership protection on root shared folders
- Clean folder structure for group sharing and IT management
- Special permissions to dedicated user to perform data backup
Secure Measures for Data Storage and Access
- Policy-based Unauthorized IP Blocking
The administrator can allow, deny or auto block specified IP address or network domain which attempt to connect to the TS-EC1679U-RP via SSH, Telnet, HTTP(S), FTP, Samba, or AFP.
- Remote Login
The TS-EC1679U-RP supports remote login by SSH (secure shell) or Telnet connection.
- SSL Security (HTTPS)
The TS-EC1679U-RP supports HTTPS connection. The administrator can upload a secure certificate and RSA private key in X.509PEM format issued by a trusted provider to allow access the TS-EC1679U-RP by secure SSL login.
- Secure FTP
The TS-EC1679U-RP offers secure data transfer with SSL/TLS (explicit) encryption. Passive FTP port range setup is also supported.
- Encrypted Remote Replication by Rsync
The data on the TS-EC1679U-RP can be backed up to or from another QNAP Turbo NAS or Rsync server over the network securely.
- Shared Folder Management
Administrator can select to hide or show the network shared folders of the TS-EC1679U-RP on Windows network.
- User Authority Management
Administrator can create user ID and password, and define the authority and quota for each user.
Abundant Business Features
The TS-EC1679U-RP supports a multiuse of server business applications.
The TS-EC1679U-RP allows file sharing cross Windows, Mac, Linux, and UNIX platforms. It also supports WebDAV for easy access to the shared folders via HTTP/HTTPS protocol remotely.
Administrator can establish an FTP server with the TS-EC1679U-RP and share files conveniently with colleagues or customers.
The TS-EC1679U-RP offers complete backup solutions with Apple Time Machine support, remote replication to an Rsync server, Windows client backup software QNAP NetBak Replicator, and third party backup software support.
Multiple websites can be hosted on the TS-EC1679U-RP with the built-in web server and virtual host feature.
RADIUS server centralizes and consolidates user authentication by maintaining a list of user accounts that are authorized for remote network access through dial-up equipment, Wi-Fi access point, or VPN connections.
For business with needs for a directory service, QNAP LDAP Service provides a cost effective alternative from Windows ADS. Turn the Turbo NAS into a LDAP server and centralize the user privilege management.
By collecting and storing logs of other network devices in the Turbo NAS with QNAP's Syslog server support, the IT administrator can easily monitor the status of these devices, and further troubleshoot when necessary.
The VPN (Virtual Private Network) service allows users to access the NAS and other resources on the same local network from the Internet. QNAP VPN Server supports both OpenVPN and PPTP with a very intuitive UI. MyCloudNAS service and Auto Router Configuration are integrated with QNAP VPN Server. With just a few clicks, users can access all services provided by the Turbo NAS remotely and securely.
The TS-EC1679U-RP offers cross-platform printer sharing over the network and remote printing over the Internet (max. 3 USB printers). IPP (Internet Printing Protocol), print job management, and Bonjour printing for Mac OS X are also supported.
Administrator can monitor supported IP cameras via the TS-EC1679U-RP and set up a video surveillance system with comprehensive monitoring, recording, and playback features.
The TS-EC1679U-RP supports IPv6 (Internet Protocol Version 6) which makes the NAS a dual-stack IP host running IPv4 and IPv6 at the same time.
||Available QPKG Software Plugins
Maximize the usage of the TS-EC1679U-RP by installing additional QPKG software plugins developed by the users and communities worldwide.
Advanced RAID Management with Hot-swap Design
RAID is an advanced feature that the QNAP Turbo NAS offers to enhance data protection and performance. The QNAP Turbo NAS has a scalable design in addition to supporting various levels of disk configurations such as RAID 0, 1, 5, 5+hot spare, 6, 6+hot spare, 10, 10+hotspare, single disk, and JBOD.
Global Hot Spare
The Global Hot Spare feature allows the administrator to share spare drives with multiple RAID volumes on the TS-EC1679U-RP. When a hard drive fails in any RAID volume, the global hot-spare drive will automatically replace the failed drive to prevent data from being lost. Compared with a local spare drive, the Global Hot Spare function offers more efficient use of spare drives.
Multiple LAN Deployment
The TS-EC1679U-RP supports multiple bonding modes: Balance-rr (Round-Robin), Active Backup, Balance XOR, Broadcast, IEEE 802.3ad, Balance-tlb (Adaptive Transmit Load Balancing), and Balance-alb (Adaptive Load Balancing).
The LAN ports of the Turbo NAS can be configured in failover mode which allows the TS-EC1679U-RP to sustain the failure of one network port and provide continuous services.
The LAN ports of the TS-EC1679U-RP can be configured in load balancing mode for bandwidth aggregation to boost file transfer speeds. It works with managed Ethernet switch with 802.3ad configured.
The TS-EC1679U-RP can be deployed with multiple different IP settings for sharing among different workgroups in two different subnets.
System Management Tools
The TS-EC1679U-RP offers various features to help the administrator manage the system efficiently.
|| Instant SMS, Email and Windows Live Messenger Alert
Configure the SMTP server, SMS server, and Windows Live Messenger account settings on the TS-EC1679U-RP in order to receive instant system warning or error messages by email, SMS and Windows Messenger.
||SNMP (Simple Network Management Protocol)
Collect the information, warning, or errors of the TS-EC1679U-RP and send warnings up to 3 SNMP servers for centralized management and real-time monitoring.
||Wake on LAN
Enable this option to power on the TS-EC1679U-RP remotely by Wake on LAN. Wake on LAN helps the administrator manage the NAS conveniently.
||Scheduled Power on/off
Create schedules to automatically turn on, turn off, or restart the TS-EC1679U-RP. Up to 15 schedules can be set.
||S.M.A.R.T. & Advanced Hard Drive Health Scan (HHS)
Self-Monitoring Analysis and Reporting Technology (S.M.A.R.T.) helps the administrator monitor hard disk status. Moreover, the TS-EC1679U-RP supports Hard Drive Health Scan (HHS) for disk checking and bad blocks scanning.
Comprehensive Event Logs
Detailed logs of file-level access to the TS-EC1679U-RP via Samba, iSCSI, FTP, AFP, HTTP, HTTPS, Telnet, and SSH, and networking services accessed by online users can all be recorded.
The performance figures could vary with environments.
2 Client PC configurations:
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600 CPU, 16GB DDR3 RAM, Windows 7 professional 64-bit, Dual-port Intel X520-SR2 10GbE Server Adapter, IOMeter sequential read and write.
Intel X-520-DA2, 802.3ad trunking mode, full load Samsung HD103SJ 1TB SATA HDD, RAID 5.
Connect the NAS and two client PC to Cisco 4900M 10GbE switch.
QNAP TS-EC1679U-RP Hardware Specifications
||Quad Core Intel® Xeon® E3-1225 Processor 3.1 GHz
||4GB DDR3 ECC RAM
- The system memory can be increased to 16GB by installing Three additional 4GB Long-DIMM RAM modules.
- For the information of RAM module installation and compatible NAS models, please refer to the QNAP RAM Module Installation Guide
16 x 3.5-inch SATA 6Gb/s, SATA 3Gb/s hard drive or 2.5-inch SATA, SSD hard drive
- The standard system is shipped without hard drives.
|Hard Drive Tray
||16 x hot-swappable and lockable tray
4 x Gigabit RJ-45 Ethernet port
(Expandable up to 8 x 1 Gb LAN or 4 x 10 Gb + 4 x 1 Gb LAN by installing optional dual-port 10 Gb and 1 Gb network card)
- For the information of network card installation, please refer to chapter 6 in the Turbo NAS Hardware Manual.
||Status, 10 GbE, LAN, eSATA, hard drives
||2x USB 3.0 port (rear)
4x USB 2.0 port (rear)
Support USB printer, pen drive, USB hub, and USB UPS etc.
||System: Power button and reset button
||130(H) x 442.4(W) x 528.3(D) mm
5.12(H) x 17.42(W) x 20.80(D) inch
||18.14 kg/39.99 lb (Net)
25.92 kg/ 57.14 lb (Gross)
|Sound Level (dB)
In operation: 55.13 dB
(with16 x 1TB HDD installed)
|Power Consumption (W)
||Sleep mode: 89.1 W
In Operation: 229 W
(with 16 x 1TB hard drive installed)
||Input: 100-240V AC,50-60Hz
||2 (for network and storage expansion)
||Reserved for maintenance
||Reserved for maintenance
||3 x 6 cm smart cooling fan
The TS-x79 rack mount models comply with ANSI/EIA-RS-310-D rack mounting standards. Before purchasing the server racks for these models, please make sure the server racks conform to the following criteria:
- Rack size
A. Mounting post width: ≥ 450mm
B . Panel width: ≥ 485mm
C. Mounting post depth: 650mm~850mm
- The optional rack kits for the TS-x79 rack mount models are only compatible with square-hole server racks.
QNAP TS-EC1679U-RP Software Specifications
- Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7 (32/64-bit), Windows Server 2003/2008 R2
- Apple Mac OS X
- Linux & UNIX
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 8, 9
- Mozilla Firefox 8, 9, 10
- Apple Safari 4, 5
- Google Chrome
- Chinese (Traditional & Simplified), Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese (Brazil), Romanian, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish
- Internal Hard Drive: EXT3, EXT4
- External Hard Drive: EXT3, EXT4, NTFS, FAT32, HFS+
- TCP/IP (IPv4 & IPv6: Dual Stack)
- Multiple Gigabit NICs with Jumbo Frame
- Multi-IP Settings
- Port Trunking/NIC Teaming (Modes: Balance-rr, Active Backup, Balance XOR, Broadcast, IEEE 802.3ad/Link Aggregation, Balance-tlb and Balance-alb)
- Service Binding based on Network Interfaces
- Virtual LAN (VLAN)
- DHCP Client, DHCP Server
- Protocols: CIFS/SMB, AFP (v3.3), NFS(v3), FTP, FTPS, SFTP, TFTP, HTTP(S), Telnet, SSH, iSCSI, SNMP, SMTP, and SMSC
- UPnP & Bonjour Discovery
- USB Wi-Fi Adapter Support
- Real-time Remote Replication (RTRR)
- Works as Both RTRR Server & Client with Bandwidth Control
- Real-time & Scheduled Backup
- Encryption, Compression, File Filter, and Transfer Rate Limitation
- Block-level Remote Replication
- Works as Both Rsync Server & Client with Bandwidth Control
- Encrypted Replication between QNAP NAS Servers
- USB One Touch Backup (Import/Export)
- Desktop Backup by QNAP NetBak Replicator for Windows
- Apple Time Machine Support with Backup Management
- Data Backup to Multiple External Storage Devices
- Data Backup to Cloud Storage (Amazon S3, ElephantDrive, and Symform)
- IP Filter and Policy-based Automatic IP Blocking
- Network Access Protection with Auto-blocking: SSH, Telnet, HTTP(S), FTP, CIFS/SMB, AFP
- Encrypted Access: HTTPS, FTP with SSL/TLS (Explicit), SSH/SFTP (admin only), Encrypted Remote Replication between QNAP NAS Servers (Rsync over SSH)
- CIFS Host Access Control for Shared Folders
- Antivirus Protection
- FIPS 140-2 Validated AES 256-bit Volume-based Data Encryption*
- AES 256-bit External Drive Encryption*
- Importable SSL Certificate
- Instant Alert via Email, SMS, Instant Messaging (Windows Live Messenger), and Buzzer
- Single Disk, JBOD, RAID 0, 1, 5, 5 + Hot Spare, 6, 6 + Hot Spare, 10, 10 + Hot Spare
- Online RAID Capacity Expansion & Online RAID Level Migration
- Bad Block Scan & Hard Drive S.M.A.R.T.
- Global Hot Spare Drive (4-bay NAS and above)
- RAID Recovery
- Bitmap Support
iSCSI (IP SAN)
- iSCSI Target
- Multi-LUNs per Target
- Up to 256 Targets/LUNs Combined
- Supports LUN Mapping & Masking
- Online LUN Capacity Expansion
- Supports SPC-3 Persistent Reservation
- Supports MPIO & MC/S
- iSCSI LUN Backup, One-time Snapshot, and Restore
- iSCSI Connection and Management by QNAP Finder (Windows)
- Virtual Disk Drive (via iSCSI Initiator)
- Stack Chaining Master
- Max No. of Virtual Disk Drives: 8
Server Virtualization & Clustering
- Supports VMware vSphere
- Supports Citrix XenServer
- Supports Windows Server 2008 R2 Hyper-V & Failover Clustering
- Wake on LAN
- Internal Hard Drive Standby Mode
- Scheduled Power on/off (Max 15 Settings)
- Automatic Power on after Power Recovery
- USB and Network UPS Support with SNMP Management
Access Right Management
- Max No. of Users: 4,096
- Max No. of User Groups: 512
- Max No. of Network Shares: 512
- Batch Users Creation
- Import/Export Users
- User Quota Management
- Subfolder Permissions Support for CIFS/SMB, AFP, FTP and Web File Manager
Domain Authentication Integration
- Microsoft Active Directory (AD)
- LDAP Server
- LDAP Client
- Domain Users Login via CIFS/SMB, AFP, FTP, and Web File Manager
- Private Cloud Storage and Sharing
- Free Host Name Registration (DDNS)
- Auto Router Configuration (via UPnP)
- MyCloudNAS Connect for Easy Connection (Windows utility)
Storage Plug & Play
- Windows Software: QNAP Finder
- Create and Map Shared Folders
- Create and Connect to iSCSI Target/LUN
- AJAX-based User Interface
- Smart Fan Control
- Dynamic DNS (DDNS)
- SNMP (v2 & v3)
- Resource Monitor
- Network Recycle Bin for File Deletion via CIFS/SMB and AFP
- Comprehensive Logs (Events & Connection)
- Syslog Client
- Firmware Live Update
- System Settings Backup and Restore
- Restore to Factory Default
* The data encryption functions may not available in accordance to the legislative restrictions of some countries.
|Powerful All-in-one server
- File Sharing across Windows, Mac, and Linux/UNIX
- Shared Folder Aggregation (CIFS/SMB)
- Web File Manager
- Supports ISO Mounting
- Direct File Viewing via Google Doc
- Create and Send Download Links for Public File Sharing with Expiration Time and Password Protection
- FTP over SSL/TLS (Explicit)
- Max No. of Concurrent Connections: 256
- FXP Supported
- Passive FTP Port Range Control
- FTP Bandwidth & Connection Control
- Unicode Support
- Remote Replication Server (over Rsync)
- Real-time Remote Replication to another QNAP NAS or FTP Server
- Apple Time Machine Support
- Windows Client Backup Application: QNAP NetBak Replicator
- Third Party Backup Software Support: Acronis True Image, CA BrightStor, ARCserve Backup, EMC Retrospect, Symantec Backup Exec, LaCie SilverKeeper, etc.
- HTTP/HTTPS Connections
- Supports WebDAV Connection
- Support Virtual Host (Max: 32)
- Importable SSL Certificate
- Built-in MySQL Server (v5.1.36)
- Web-based Management via phpMyAdmin (QPKG)
- Max No. of Printers: 3
- Supports Internet Printing Protocol
- Print Job Display and Management
- IP- and Domain Name-based Privilege Control
- Supports Apple Bonjour Printing
- Centralized Log Monitoring and Archiving
- Immediate Email Alerts
- Supports Log Filtering
- Centralized Account Management and Authentication for Network Access
- Supports 802.1x Security Authentication
TFTP Server with PXE Booting (Read-only)
- Secure Remote Access: PPTP & OpenVPN VPN services
- Remote Access to Other Resources on Local Network
- Max No. of Clients: 30
- Audio and Video Sharing (AIF, M4A, M4B, M4V, MOV, MP1, MP2, MP3, MP4, MPEG, MPG, WAV)
- Smart Playlist for iTunes Client (Windows & Mac OS)
UPnP Media Server
- Built-in TwonkyMedia Server
- Real-time & Background Photo Transcoding
- Supports UPnP Media Player Such as PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360
- Supported format (The actual playback capabilities may vary depending on the UPnP client.)
- Audio: MP3, MP4, M4A, M4A (ALAC), M4B, 3GP, APL, AC3, M1V, M4V, MOV, AAC, AMR, AWB, WAV, PCM, LPCM, MP1, MP2, AIF, AIFF, AIFC, SND, WMA, OGG, FLAC
- Photo: JPG, JPE, JPEG, TIFF, TIF, GIF, PNG, BMP
- Video: WMV, ASF, VDR, AVI, XVID, DIVX, FLV, MPG, MPE, MTS, M2TS, M2T, MPEG, SPTS, M2P, M2V, MP2T, MP2P, MPG2, DVR-MS, VOB
- Playlist: M3U, M3U8, WPL, PLS
- Supports Photo, Audio and Video
- Image Slideshow and Rotation
- Automatic & Scheduled Thumbnail Generation for Easy Browsing
- Display Photo Details from EXIF: Date, Exposure Time, Aperture, etc.
- Display Audio Details from ID3 Tag: Album Cover, Title, Artist, Album, etc.
- Access Authority Management
- Multimedia (Video & Audio) Streaming
- Supports Cooliris
- Supports Web Publishing (Facebook, MySpace, MSN Live, Twitter, Plurk, Blogger)
- Share Photos by Email
- Supported Formats:
- Photo - JPG/JPEG, GIF, PNG
- Audio - MP3
- Playback: FLV, MPEG-4 Video (H.264 + AAC)
- Transcode: AVI, M4V, MPG/MPEG, RM/RMVB, WMV
- QNAP Exclusive iPhone & Android App: QMobile
- Supported File Formats:
- Photo: JPG/JPEG, GIF, PNG, BMP
- Video: FLV, MPEG-4 Video (H.264 + AAC)
- Image Slideshow with Background Music
- Photo Publishing to Social Websites (Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, Plurk, and Blogger)
- Photo Sharing by Email
- Supported Audio Formats:
- MP3, MP4, OGG, WAV, AIFF, AU, FLAC, M4A, APE, AAC
- Local Playback with USB Speaker/Sound Card
- Browse Other UPnP Media Servers on Local Network
- Internet Radio (MP3)
- Music Alarm (up to 8 Alarms)
- Playback Control by QNAP Mobile App: QMobile Music Remote
- PC-less BT, FTP, HTTP Download (up to 500 Tasks)
- BT Download
- Supports TCP/UDP Tracker Protocol
- Scheduled Download
- Configurable Port Range
- Bandwidth Control
- UPnP NAT Port Forwarding
- RSS Subscription and Download (Broadcatching)
- Selectable Download Files
- HTTP/ FTP Download
- Configurable Saving Directory
- Bulk Download with Wildcard Settings
- RapidShare Download Support
- QNAP Download Management Software: QGet
- For Both Windows & Mac OS
- Manage the Download Tasks of Multiple QNAP NAS Remotely over LAN or WAN
- Supports 4 IP Cameras (Optional Purchase) for Network Surveillance
- Supports 1 Webcam via QPKG Add-on: QUSBCam
- Protection against the Latest Known Viruses, Trojans, and Other Threats
- Free Virus Databases Update on Manual or Scheduled Basis
- Multiple Scan Tasks (Max: 64, Concurrent: 5) with Custom Folder Selection and Scheduled
- Email Notification upon Task Completion or Virus Detection
- Quarantines or Deletes Infected Files
- Expands Application Services by Easy Online Installation
- A Wide Variety of Official and Community QPKG Add-ons
The actual available QPKGs may vary depending on the NAS platform.
… and more.
- Squid Proxy Server
- Vtiger CRM
- Plex Media Server
- PS3 Media Server
- Squeezebox Server
- Optware IPKG
- Java Runtime Environment
3.5" HDD Compatibility List
Applied Models: TS-879 Pro, TS-1079 Pro, TS-879U-RP, TS-1279U-RP, TS-EC879U-RP, TS-EC1279U-RP, TS-1679U-RP, TS-EC1679U-RP
Each drive bay can hold one 3.5-inch SATA 1.5Gb/s, SATA 3Gb/s and SATA 6Gb/s hard drive of maximum 3TB capacity.
QNAP TS-EC1679U-RP Warranty Information
3 years limited warranty - http://www.qnap.com/USEng/WarrantyTermsConditions.asp- see here for terms
Support URL: http://qnap.com/onlinesupport.asp
Support Phone Number: 909-869-9110
168 University Parkway
Pomona, CA 91768-4300
Service Hours: 08:00~17:00 (GMT- 08:00 Pacific Time, Mon. - Fri.)
QNAP Technical Support in the USA & Canada
08:00~17:00 (GMT- 08:00 Pacific Time, Mon. - Fri.)
Service Hotline: 909-595-2819 ext.110
Pre-Configured Units with Drives
All our pre-configured units are shipped with a QA Sheet that lists your specific configuration and includes all product serial numbers. We also list the support contact information for warranty issues for the specific drive manufacturer your machine was configured with. All hard drives are warranted directly with their manufacturer. If you have any issues after 30 days please contact them directly for replacement.
Should you have any questions about our returns policy please click here.
| Items in cart: