Our Statement: A Commitment to Your Privacy
Effective August 7, 2008.
Your Privacy Is Not for Sale
Simply put, we do not and will not sell your personal information to anyone, for any reason, at any time.
How We Collect Information About You
We collect personal information about you in a number of ways:
- Application and registration information. We collect information from you when you open an account or purchase a product or service from us. We may also collect information from consumer reporting agencies to verify your identity. The information we collect may include personal information such as your name, address, phone number, email address, Social Security number and date of birth, as well as details about your technology interests.
- Transaction and experience information. Once you have opened an account with us, we collect and maintain personal information about your account activity. This information allows us to administer your account and provide the products and services you have requested.
- Third-party information providers. We may collect information about you from information services and consumer reporting agencies to verify your identity and creditworthiness, or to better understand your technology needs.
- Website usage. When you visit our website, our systems may use devices known as "cookies," graphic interchange format files (GIFs), or other similar web tools to enhance your web experience. These tools enable us to recognize you when you return to our site, maintain your web session while you browse, as well as help us provide you with a better, more personalized experience at eAegis.
How We Share and Use Information About You Within the eAegis Family of Companies
The term "eAegis" refers to a family of computer network storage technology companies that are owned by the partners of eAegis, Inc. These companies are often referred to as "affiliates" and include, but are not limited to:
- eAegis, Inc., a US based e-commerce computer network storage retailer
Many of our clients do business with more than one eAegis affiliate, creating an efficient, comprehensive relationship to meet individual needs. When appropriate, eAegis may share information we collect about you within our family of companies to:
- Help provide you with better service or perform services on our behalf
- Respond to communications from you (or as you authorize or request)
- Make it more convenient for you to open a new account
eAegis may also allow an affiliate to provide you with information about its products and services that we believe may benefit or interest you. You may instruct eAegis not to share information about you with our affiliates for certain purposes, as explained under "How to Limit the Sharing and Use of Information About You."
How We Share Information About You Outside of the eAegis Family of Companies
- We provide access to information about you to outside companies and other third parties in certain limited circumstances such as process transactions like fulfillment and shipping for your account.
- When we believe that disclosure is required or permitted under law. For example, we may be required to disclose personal information to cooperate with regulatory or law enforcement authorities, to resolve consumer disputes, to perform credit/authentication checks, or for risk control.
- eAegis may also enter into a joint-marketing agreement with another e-commerce retailer in order to provide you with a product or service. We only make such agreements with companies that we believe can help us provide a product or service that will benefit you. You may instruct us not to share information about you with outside companies for this purpose, as explained under "How to Limit the Sharing and Use of Information About You."
How to Limit the Sharing and Use of Information About You
If you prefer, you may choose to limit the information we share about you among our affiliates and outside companies for marketing purposes. If you choose to do so, eAegis will not:
- Share with our affiliates consumer reports and other personal information about you that may be used to determine your eligibility for credit
- Allow our affiliates to market their products or services to you based on eligibility information they receive from us
- Share personal information about you with an outside company for joint-marketing purposes
You may exercise this choice by writing to us at:
2005 Tree Fork Lane
Longwood, FL 32750
Your choice will be applied to you as an individual and will automatically be extended to all of your accounts at eAegis. You may make your privacy choice at any time, and it will remain in effect until you tell eAegis to change it. If you have previously given eAegis your privacy choice with respect to your current accounts, you do not need to provide it again.
If you exercise your privacy choice, eAegis will continue to share information among our affiliates that identifies you (such as your name and Social Security number), as well as information about your transactions and experiences with us. In addition, eAegis affiliates may continue to use information about you to perform services on our behalf, to respond to communications from you, as you authorize or request, or, if you are their customer, to offer you products or services. We may also continue to share information about you with outside companies as permitted or required by law.
Safeguarding Your Information, Maintaining Your Trust
We take precautions to ensure the information we collect about you is protected and is only accessed by authorized individuals or organizations. Companies we use to provide support services are not allowed to use information about our clients for their own purposes and are obligated to maintain strict confidentiality. We limit their use of information to the performance of the specific services we have requested. We restrict access to personal information by our employees and agents. Our employees are trained about privacy and are required to safeguard personal information. We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect personal information.
Teaming Up Against Identity Theft
Identity theft is a serious concern to all of us. Safeguarding information to help protect you from identity theft is a priority at eAegis. We’re committed to keeping your personal and financial information safe online. To enhance your security, eAegis takes steps to protect you from identity theft by:
- Utilizing client identification and authentication procedures before initiating transactions
- Using firewalls and encryption technology to protect personal information on our computer systems
- Creating a secure transmission connection to our eAegis websites. You will see a key or closed padlock in the browser’s status bar indicating it is a secure site. In other browsers, look for the address bar to turn green
- Training our employees on privacy and security to properly handle personal information about you
You can also help protect your identity and accounts.
Here are a few steps to remember:
- When using the Internet, keep your login ID and password confidential
- Keep your security software up-to-date and turned on
- Shred documents that contain personal information
- Check your credit report regularly for unauthorized activity and protect your personal identification numbers (PINs) and personal data
- If you suspect fraud or identity theft, the faster you act the better. Please contact us immediately.
Greater Accuracy Means Better Protection
We are committed to keeping accurate, up-to-date records to help ensure the integrity of the information we maintain about you. If you identify an inaccuracy in this information or if you need to make a change to it, please contact us promptly.
A Commitment to Keeping You Informed
We will continually update this web site to provide important changes to our information-sharing practices.
Contact Us with Questions
If you have any questions or concerns; please contact us by email at email@example.com.